Mona Trinidad's BUKO PANDAN SALAD
3 boxes ALSA unflavored gelatin green
4 cups water
12 fresh pandan leaves
3 whole buko, kinayod into slivers
MAGNOLIA all-purpose cream
- Boil pandan leaves in water. Ratio: three leaves for every cup of water. For three boxes of gelatin, you'll need about 4 cups of water with 12 leaves of pandan. Make sure that the pandan is boiled well.
- Mix gelatin and pandan juice in a saucepan and boil until dissolved
- well. Pour into a 9 x 13 baking pan or pyrex. Allow to cool.
- Get the buko ready and pour into a mixing bowl. Mix in the cream.
- Cut up the gelatin and add to the cream mixture.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Chill and serve. This should be kept refrigerated as it spoils easily.
(Mona thanks her friend from San Fernando, Pampanga, for sharing this great recipe.)