- 7 egg yolks
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1/3 c sugar
- ¾ c cake flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Beat egg yolks, adding gradually half of the sugar. Continue beating until thick. Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Beat other half of the sugar, sprinkling about 2 tbsps at a time.
- Fold in beaten egg yolks and flour alternately to beaten egg whites.
- Line baking sheet with unglazed (parchment) paper.
- Using decorating tube, force batter onto the baking sheet in strips about 4" long and ¾" wide, or drop from end of spoon to form rounds.
- Sprinkle top of powdered sugar.
- Bake in moderate oven at 350 deg F for 12-15 mins.