BRUNN BUTTER CAKE
- 5 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour (or cake flour)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 can Brunn butter (12 3/4 oz or 1 1/2 c or 3/4 lb butter)
- 9 egg yolk, beaten
- 9 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp evap milk (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar (separate)
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
- Sift flour. To the last ¾ cup of flour, add baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth or brown-colored.
- Add beaten egg yolk, mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk; end with last cup sifted with baking powder.
- Beat egg whites with ½ cup sugar and fold to the egg yolk mixture (in mixing and with mixing by hand)
- Pour into a well-greased 10" tube pan or loaf pan, lined with wax paper. (NOTE: For butter cakes, push butter slightly to the side of pan before baking. When pouring mixture into pan, do so as fast as possible.)