BUTTER CREAM ROLL
- 4 pcs eggs
- ¾ c sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ c cake flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat the eggs with baking powder and salt. Beat until foamy then begin adding sugar gradually. Continue beating until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Add vanilla.
- Fold in cake flour.
- Have a 15 ½ by 10 ½ inch jelly roll pan greased and lined with wax paper, then grease again.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Spread it out evenly.
- Bake in hot oven at 400 deg F for 12-14 mins, until it springs back from touch.
- Turn out upside down on a cloth dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
- Pull the paper off carefully. Trim off edges and roll up. Allow to cool.
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c milk
- ½ lb butter
- Mix sugar to milk and chill.
- Cream butter and add chilled mixture gradually, beating at low speed (or use hand).
- Add vanilla or mocha flavoring.
- For mocha icing, dissolve 1 tsp of instant coffee with a little crème de cacao or rum and add to butter icing.